Cooking Adventures with Chef Iker Algorri: 5 days/4 nights
Segments Featured on Rick Bayless’ PBS Show Mexico-One Plate at a Time
Acclaimed Baja Chef Iker Algorri, chef-in residence at Los Colibris Casitas and author of Cooking Adventures in Baja California Sur, is offering this 5-days/4-nights program to immerse students in the ingredients and cuisine of the peninsula.
Days are spent in the glorious nature of Baja, learning about the local plants and fish that give the area such a unique cuisine, while nights are spent with Chef Iker, learning to prepare these savory local dishes. A sampling of Mexican beer, wine and/or tequila will accompany each meal. Perfect for food enthusiasts who want to understand more about the natural state of their ingredients, as well as for adventurers who want to make something delicious from their outings in nature.
- Beautiful Todos Santos: artists’ colony, agricultural center and foodie haven!
- Accommodations at lovely Los Colibris Casitas with stunning ocean views
- Cooking classes with Chef Iker
- Cooking class at local ranch
- Fishing with local fishing captains
- Tortilla-making classes
- Meals at terrific local restaurants
- Huevos Rancheros Master Class