TOSEA SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR COVID-19
Now, as always, the health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority at Todos Santos Eco Adventures (TOSEA). We have developed COVID-19 safety protocols in line with the rules and regulations of the Mexican government, as well as the COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines published by the Adventure Trade Travel Association developed in conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic. These protocols cover the following areas, and are subject to change as the situation evolves:
GUIDES AND OTHER PERSONNEL:
TOSEA guides and staff members are all fully vaccinated against Covid-19. We have also achieved the following certifications for our hard work on safety and hygiene measures:
- Punto Limpio (Clean Point) certification from the Mexican federal government
- Accreditation with COEPRIS, the State Commission for Protection against Sanitary Risk
- Occupational Safety & Hygiene for Tourism Industry Workers certification, updated for COVID-19, both as a company and for 24 individuals including guides, chefs, camp managers, drivers and logistics managers
- Our Operations and Office Protocols meet the Safe Travels official stamp requirements laid out by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council)
- All TOSEA guides, chefs, camp managers, housekeepers, drivers and kitchen staff have completed COVID-19 training with IMSS (Mexican Institute of Social Security)
- All TOSEA guides, chefs, and bodega managers have completed COVID-19 training with the WHO (World Health Organization) and all guides have completed advanced COVID-19 training with SSA (Mexico’s Health Secretariat)
- In addition, all TOSEA guides are certified Wilderness First Responders, NOM-9 graduates, have aquatic water safety certification, American Canoe Association certification, and are Leave No Trace certified.
All employees of TOSEA are screened for COVID-19 symptoms each day, including a temperature check, and excluded from operations if symptomatic.
Many of your adventures with TOSEA include airport transfers, as well as transportation to and from various activities. Our transportation protocols include:
- Driver and passengers are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the vehicle. This includes a temperature check.
- Driver and passengers wear face masks entire time in the vehicle together. These can be non-medical cloth masks. Guests encouraged to also use face shields when 2 or more guests in vehicle.
- Driver and passengers use approved, alcohol-based hand sanitizer prior to entering vehicle. Hand sanitizer is always available in the vehicle.
- All baggage is sprayed with disinfectant before being placed in vehicle.
- Vehicles have restricted occupancy of no more than 50% capacity.
- Windows are open to increase ventilation.
- Every surface in the vehicle is fully cleaned and disinfected between trips.
We only use hotels that are part of the Punto Limpio (Clean Point) certification for hotels in México, including the accommodations that we own: Los Colibris Casitas, Camp Cecil de la Isla and Camp Cecil de la Sierra. This means that enhanced sanitization and social distancing protocols are implemented in these locations. For our properties enhanced measures include:
- Temperature checks required for all guests upon arrival
- All employees are screened for COVID-19 symptoms each day, including a temperature check, and excluded from operations if symptomatic.
- High-traffic areas are regularly sanitized
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available for guests and staff
- Staff is required to regularly wash their hands
- All rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests
- All dining is outside and all protocols for Restaurant Meals (below) observed
- Paper towels will replace all cloth towels at all handwashing stations
Baja California Sur is blessed with the kind of weather that allows for outdoor dining all year round. We will therefore only dine in restaurants with outdoor seating areas that implement the following Punto Limpio protocols and mandated government regulations:
- Restaurant takes temperature of each guest as they enter restaurant
- Social distancing enforced / icons used where relevant
- Contactless, QR code menus available or menu information delivered by other contactless means
- Restaurant staff wear facemasks/shields throughout service, guests required to wear facemasks when away from the table
- Tables and chairs are disinfected between clients
- Reduced occupancy levels are observed
- All government-mandated cleaning and disinfecting guidelines implemented
- There will be no buffets and all meals will be served directly to guests
- All equipment from trekking poles to kayak paddles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between uses.
HEALTH PROTOCOLS REQUIRED OF GUESTS:
In addition to all the fun information we will share with you about your upcoming adventures, we will also make sure that you have a good understanding of all the protocols that will be required of all guests traveling with TOSEA in Baja California Sur. These include:
- Pre-Trip Health Evaluation Form which each guest will be required to complete prior to arrival in Baja. Upon your arrival your guide will review and confirm the details of this form with you.
- Daily temperature and symptom check. Guests will also be expected to voluntarily inform their guides immediately if they experience any of the symptoms of COVID-19. Guests who present with COVID-19 symptoms will be required to follow the mandatory guidelines of Mexico’s Health Secretariat which can include testing, quarantine and contact tracing.
- Compliance with face mask, hand sanitizer and social distancing protocols
- Refraining from passing materials between guests and guides including books, binoculars, gear, snacks and documents.
CANCELLATIONS AND TRANSFERS:
If you or TOSEA has to cancel your trip due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we will transfer 100% of your payment to a future trip at any time in the 48 months following your original departure date in which we are operating.
THE BEAUTY OF BAJA:
Baja is known in Mexico as the Last Frontier. It is the state with the longest coastline, the lowest population, and some of the greatest biodiversity. Most of our adventures take place outdoors, in remote locations, with plenty of sunshine and relatively few people. Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss any aspect of our trips. You can contact us at [email protected] and via our website at www.TOSEA.net. We look forward to helping you Explore the Beauty of Baja!